April 2012 Festivals - Fun For Everyone
Who doesn’t love a local inexpensive festival? There’s always plenty to do, see, and learn. There are several festivals in Volusia County this April just in time to enjoy the warmer weather. Be sure to check out a festival or two in your area. It’s a great way to help support and get involved in your community.
April 2012 upcoming festivals you should mark on your calendar:
- Lakeside Jazz Festival. This festival will be held April 20-21, 2012 in Port Orange. The festival will take place at the amphitheater at 2000 City Center Circle. There will be 60 different bands that will play over the course of two days and nights. The music will begin around 9:00 a.m., with the featured bands taking stage around 6:00 p.m. For more information, check out their website.
- Halifax Oyster Festival. This annual festival is held in Downtown Daytona Beach on Manatee Island. There will be food, entertainment, oyster mat construction, and more. The event will be held on April 28, 2012 from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. There is a $6 admission fee for those over the age of six. For more information, visit their website.
- DeLand Green Affair – This event is dedicated to green living. It’s a free event and will be held in DeLand on West Indiana Avenue on April 14, 2012 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Check out the event to learn more about living a more environmentally friendly lifestyle.
- Native American Festival – Held from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Reed Canal Park in South Daytona, the Native American Festival will feature cultural dancing and entertainment, arts and crafts, wildlife exhibits, activities for children, food, and more. The event will be held April 14-15, 2012.
- Deltona Spring Fest – There will be a spring festival held April 21-22, 2012 from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. The celebration will focus on cultural heritage, arts and crafts, food, entertainment, and more. It will be held at the Dewey O. Boster Sports Complex at 1200 Saxon Blvd.
This is the time of year to enjoy a festival or two outdoors in this incredible Central Florida weather. Gather your family and friends and enjoy the festivities as a group.