For over 100 years the Ponce de Leon Inlet Light Station has served as a sailor’s savior; a light in the distance, warning of the unseen land or guiding the weary travelers home. Built in 1887 in the area then known as Mosquito Inlet, the lighthouse saw many trials and tribulations in its transition to its present standing as a National Historic Landmark. A history of death, war, and vandalism could not hold down the spirit that surrounds this Central Florida touchstone.
Today more than 125,000 visitors visit the lighthouse annually and ascend its 203 steps to the top. There, the majestic beauty of Ponce Inlet and the surrounding Daytona Beach areas spreads in a perfect panorama. Great views of the Atlantic Ocean and the inter-coastal waterway from 175 feet in the air mark a wonderful spot to possibly even scope out your perfect dream home. And thus, as with the sailors a hundred years ago, the lighthouse continues to serve as a beacon of beauty, bringing people home.